Crew-2 is a paid position for those who have previously served as Crew and would like to develop a special WOW project during the summer in addition to sharing their gifts to form relationships within staff members at our mission partners, offer guidance for guests and team members while serving in the community, and provide program support as needed.
Crew-2 Application Requirements
To apply for the Crew-2 position applicants must have:
- Served as Crew in 2018 or earlier
- Complete the 2019 WOW Staff Application.
- Submit a one (1) page Reference Letter.
- Submit one creative idea connecting popular media to a spiritual application that could be used in WOW.
Crew-2 Job Description
A WOW Crew Member is a motivated person, who takes initiative, has a desire to serve and make a difference in the world. A Crew-2 Member’s main responsibility is:
- Mission site leadership, plus:
- Support in leading Bible Study and other activities
- Developing relationships with guests
- Support of overall WOW program, as needed
- AND, develop a special project for implementation during the summer (to be created, discussed, and funded with Executive Board prior to the summer). This is not due with the application, but will be discussed with you individually during the application process.
Crew-2 Skills and Knowledge
- Social Skills: can get along with many types of people
- Teamwork, willingness to work together to get the job done
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Desire to grow spiritually
- Willingness to get hands dirty and serve, serve, serve
- Attend one (1) Leadership Academy
- Attend the Team (aka Beach) Retreat
- Serve a minimum of three (3) weeks of summer camp
- $375/week. Also be paid for participation in Team Retreat.
- No benefits are provided