Intern is paid position for older teens and young adults who primarily provide leadership on a program level, sharing their gifts to plan and oversee faith formation experiences, leadership development opportunities, mission site experiences, and WOW administration tasks.
Intern Application Requirements
To apply for the Intern position applicants must have:
- Graduated from high school
- Served a minimum of one year as Crew.
- Complete the 2019 WOW Staff Application.
- Submit a one (1) page Reference Letter.
- Submit one creative idea connecting popular media to a spiritual application that could be used in WOW.
Intern Job Description
A WOW Intern is a motivated person, who takes initiative, has a desire to serve and make a difference in the world. An intern has program-wide responsibilities, and
- Must take time to prepare for the summer in advance
- Oversee day-to-day program activities
- Take initiative to make things happen
- Develop relationships with guests
- Support of overall WOW program, as needed
Intern Skills and Knowledge
- Social Skills, can get along with many types of people
- Teamwork, willingness to work together to get the job done
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Desire to grow spiritually
- Willingness to get hands dirty and serve, serve, serve
- Attend one (1) Leadership Academy
- Attend the Team (aka Beach) Retreat
- Serve a minimum of six (6) weeks of summer camp
- $400/week. Also paid for participation in Team Retreat
- No benefits are provided
Intern Registration Forms
WOW Staff Application (Word Doc)
WOW Peer Leader Application Form ⇨
WOW Team Beach Retreat Registration ⇨