Crew is a paid position for rising high school seniors and college students who primarily provide leadership on a site level, sharing their gifts to form relationships within staff members at our mission partners, offer guidance for guests and team members while serving in the community, and provide program support as needed.
Crew Application Requirements
To apply for the Crew position applicants must have:
- Completed junior year of high school.
- Served on Leadership Team in 2018.
- Complete the 2019 WOW Staff Application.
- Submit a one (1) page Reference Letter.
- Submit one creative idea connecting popular media to a spiritual application that could be used in WOW.
Crew Job Description
A WOW Crew Member is a motivated person, who takes initiative, has a desire to serve and make a difference in the world. A Crew Member’s main responsibilities include:
- Mission site leadership
- Support in leading Bible Study and other activities
- Developing relationships with guests
- Support of overall WOW program, as needed
Crew Skills and Knowledge
- Social Skills: can get along with many types of people
- Teamwork, willingness to work together to get the job done
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Desire to grow spiritually
- Willingness to get hands dirty and serve, serve, serve
- Attend one (1) Leadership Academy
- Attend the Team (aka Beach) Retreat
- Able to serve a minimum of three (3) weeks of summer camp
- $350/week. Also paid for participation in Team Retreat
- No benefits are provided