Pillar Assistant Application Requirements for 2020
To apply for the Pillar Assistant position applicants must have:
- Completed junior year of high school.
- Served on Leadership Team in 2019.
- Complete the 2020 WOW Staff Application.
Pillar Assistant Job Description
A WOW Pillar Assistantis a motivated person, who takes initiative, has a desire to serve and make a difference in the world. A Pillar Assistant’s main responsibilities include:
- Will be assigned to provide direct support to one of the four Pillar Leaders
- Faith Formation – development of the spiritual self
- Mission Work – development of the giving self
- Leadership Development – development of the leading self
- Relationship Building – development of the relational self
- Assist with activities related to their pillar
- Mission site leadership
- Support in leading Bible Study and other activities
- Developing relationships with guests
- Support of overall WOW program, as needed
Pillar Assistant Skills and Knowledge
- Social Skills: can get along with many types of people
- Teamwork, willingness to work together to get the job done
- Creative thinking and problem- solving skills
- Desire to grow spiritually
- Willingness to get hands dirty and serve, serve, serve
Pillar Assistant Requirements
- Attend the one-day Staff Retreat
- Attend the Team Retreat
- Able to serve a minimum of three (3) weeks of summer camp
- Must stay on-site during camp weeks
Pillar Assistant Pay
- $350/week. Also paid for participation in Team Retreat
- No benefits are provided
Interested in applying to be a Pillar Assistant?
Staff Application ⇨